A mental health self evaluation can help you determine whether you can benefit from mental health care.
If you’re thinking about getting help from a qualified therapist, or if there are certain problems that have been recurring in your life and you aren’t sure if you need to make changes to yourself or to an aspect of your external environment and the people around you, it might be time to take a mental health self-evaluation and ask yourself the following questions. Answer them truthfully, as they can help you determine what path you need to take.
1. In the last 6 months, have you experienced anxiety, fear, worry that’s out of control, agitation, restlessness, or trouble sleeping? If so, how often have you experienced these types of emotions? If you have been suffering constantly or often, you may want to talk to a therapist or someone you trust to get to the source of these emotions.
2. Have you been experiencing physical and emotional attacks recently? For example, has your heart rate increased or have you started sweating profusely all of a sudden? Have your hands trembled, or have you had trouble breathing? If so, how often have these attacks occurred? If they occur often and severely, you should seek professional treatment to get to the cause of these attacks.
3. Sometimes mental health problems manifest as physical symptoms. Have you experienced hot flashes, cold flashes, stomach issues, dizziness, or chest pain? If so, have these symptoms been severe? If so, you should get a checkup from your physician to rule out physical conditions that could cause these symptoms before checking in with a therapist.
4. Another thing you need to evaluate during your mental health self-evaluation is how often you’ve experienced panic attacks over the last few months. Perhaps these panic attacks are the result of previous trauma that could be overcome with the guidance of a therapist.
5. Finally, ask yourself if your personality or habits have changed recently. For example, over the last few months, have you stopped doing things that you normally would enjoy doing? Have you felt sad more than happy? Have you gained or lost weight? And has your pace changed at all as you move through the day? If so, a therapist could definitely help you get back to being your old self.
After completing a mental health self-evaluation, you may realize that you really do need to talk to a therapist, or you may realize that you are really suffering from something like anxiety that you can treat with an over-the-counter product like Zanaprin. No matter what, asking yourself these questions can be extremely helpful and revealing.
Determining whether you are just going through stress or depression has taken hold is as easy as understanding the symptoms.
When you’re feeling overwhelmed, it may be difficult to tell if you’re dealing with depression or if your feelings are the result of being stressed.
How can you tell if it’s stress or depression that’s making you feel down? Check out the information below for a clearer understanding of what’s going on in your mind.
Signs of Stress
If you’re exhibiting the following symptoms, it’s likely that they’re the result of too much stress:
· There has been a change in your eating habits
· You’ve been feeling anxious, nervous, irritable, angry, easily frustrated, or burned out as a result of work or school responsibilities
· You’re having trouble getting a good night’s sleep
· You’re feeling overwhelmed, or you feel as though you’re unable to overcome the difficulties that you’re facing
· You have trouble functioning at school, at work, and within your personal life
· You’ve been having problems remembering things
Signs of Depression
To determine if you’re dealing with stress or depression, you also need to be aware of some of the common symptoms that are associated with depression. These include:
· You’ve been purposely withdrawing yourself from others
· You’ve been feeling hopeless and sad
· You don’t have a lot of motivation, energy, or enthusiasm
· You have trouble coming to decisions
· You’re feeling irritable, agitated, or restless
· You’ve been eating differently, such as eating less or eating more than usual
· You’ve been sleeping less or more than usual
· You have trouble with your memory, and you have trouble focusing and concentrating
· You’re feeling badly about yourself or you have feelings of guilt, anger, or rage
· You feel as though you’re unable to overcome the challenges and difficulties you face
· You have trouble functioning within your personal life or at work or school
· You’ve been thinking about committing suicide
There Are Solutions
Whether you’re suffering from stress or depression, rest assured that there are solutions.
If you’re suffering from depression and your symptoms are severe or you’re noticing them getting worse, speak with a doctor or therapist who can help you find strategies, medications, and natural remedies like Zanaprin that will bring your mind back into a state of balance.
In the same way that you can treat your depression, you can also treat your stress by taking some time to slow down and take care of yourself, eat right, exercise, and take supportive natural supplements.
Before thinking about taking St. John’s Wort, it is important to rule out any risk factors.
For those who are unaware of St. John’s Wort, it is an herb which is used for making medicines. The most common use of St. John’s Wort is fighting off depression, anxiety, loss of appetite and other symptoms associated with depression.
Who Can Take St. John’s Wort?
It is advisable you talk to your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare professional before taking St. John’s Wort, especially if you are taking any other medications, this also includes allergies. Allergies are not to be taken lightly in case of plant based allergies.
It is also not advisable to take St. John’s Wort if you are using some other sort of medication or health supplements. It is advisable you do not take St. John’s Wort if you are pregnant. Pregnant and nursing women should consult a doctor before taking St. John’s Wort. However, it is still unknown whether St. John’s Wort causes harm to unborn babies or not.
What You Should Watch For When Taking St. John’s Wort?
Before taking St. John’s Wort, you should be alert of the following side effects it can cause:
- Increased blood pressure
- Allergic reaction
- Stomach upsets
- Increased sensitivity to the sun
- Fatigue and tiredness
Some other severe side effects for which you should seek immediate medical treatment include tightness in the chest, diarrhea, swelling various body parts, such as the mouth, lips and face or even your tongue, tremors or twitching, muscle spasms and unusual mood swings. It is thus recommended you consult a doctor prior to using any kind of medication, supplement or herb
Things to Remember:
St. John’s Wort may cause dizziness or drowsiness, hence it is recommended you do not drive, operate any machinery or indulge in any other activity that may cause damage or injury to you and those around you until you are completely sure of how your body reacts to this herb.
- Do not consume alcohol with this herb. It will cause drowsiness and hamper your ability to drive or operate machinery.
- Do not consume this product with other medicines. This might be dangerous as St. John’s Wort can interact and affect the way your liver metabolizes all the other medicines.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose for St. John’s Wort, as it may lead to dreadful health risks.
- St. John’s Wort has not yet been declared safe to use by the FDA, hence only use it for short-term purposes.
- This product is strictly not recommended for use by children.
Meditation is a proven method to help you reduce symptoms of depression and feel better every day.
In modern times, our lives run on a fast track and there comes a time when each of us breaks down. At some point, you have to embrace the depression and work on finding the solution instead of lying in bed all day long, unable to make a move. Most people think how to relieve depression and the next thing that comes to mind is antidepressant but it’s clear antidepressants is not a long-term solution. It is not even effective as doctors don’t recommend relying on antidepressants as it only relieves the pain for a short time. Antidepressants don’t heal you or help treat the root cause of the depression.
So, you now wonder about how to relieve depression with other methods? You don’t have to go too far to find a great solution. There is literally nothing better than meditation to combat depression. With basic tips and techniques, you can relieve depression within a matter of seconds. By the end of just one session of meditation, you will not only recover from depression but you will also feel relaxed and content.
Now the question is how to relieve depression with meditation? In the following article, you can find the core of meditation for which you don’t have to enroll in any special class. You can follow the given instructions without any extra effort. All you need is the will to fight off the depression.
Start Meditation in a State Of Depression
If you are feeling depressed, don’t wait for another stimuli. Just make your mind for meditation. It might not seem a good option as you are not in a good frame of mind but making the decision to meditate in a state of depression is the first step. In this condition, people are usually hopeless about any solution so just go on with the flow without giving it a second thought.
Find A Proper Place
The spot where you meditate is important so make sure you find a spot that is distraction-free and quiet. Whether you are at home, office, or college, you don’t have to struggle for a place. Find a comfortable spot. Lock the door and put a “don’t disturb” sign, and switch off the lights. If you haven’t practiced yoga before and find it difficult to concentrate, use some meditational instrumental music to cancel the noise from the surroundings. Separate yourself from the surrounding world in as many ways as possible.
Go In Your Ideal Comfort Mode
Meditation is about relaxation so adopt a pose which makes you feel comfortable. There are many specific positions but for first timers, it’s essential to adopt a pose they can mimic quickly and can stay in the same position at ease for a few minutes. If you think your dress is becoming a barrier, loosen your clothing or if you are at home, wear something loose.
Time is another crucial aspect of any meditation session, so don’t rush things. Take your time. Forget your schedule so you don’t have to think about the time you are spending on meditation. Initially, a session of 5 minutes is enough but you can gradually improve by making meditation a part of your routine. As you have now figured out how to relieve depression with meditation, you will be able to deal with the condition in a better way.
The benefits of taking Zanaprin are extensive, but 5 stand out above the rest.
When people are suffering from sleep problems, anxiety, or depression, it can present a very unique challenge. Just the act of falling asleep or staying calm can really start to interfere with an individual’s overall quality of life. So many are finding that when they turn to a particular medication like Zanaprin, that they get the help they need and even more than they bargained for. So when you look at all of the many benefits of taking Zanaprin, it’s no wonder that this has become the medication for people with sleep disorders and more than even that.
1. You get help almost instantly: While many other medications within this category take awhile to get into your blood stream and offer help, you will find just the opposite with Zanaprin. You may find that one of the most notable benefits of taking Zanaprin is that it goes to work right away. You may get help within hours of taking your first dose, and this is huge for those who have struggled with a good night of sleep for an extended period of time. You do have to be diligent about taking it as you need it, but you will get help right away rather than having to wait a significant amount of time for it to take effect. That’s a huge benefit!
2. When you are ready to stop taking it, you won’t have a hard time in doing so: When you turn to another medication for help with these issues, you often have to wean off it. As these medications may take awhile to get into your bloodstream and be effective, you have to take your time in coming off of them when you’re ready. With Zanaprin you can take it as needed, and it’s a much more natural approach at that. So you can come off of it when you are ready, and you won’t have any problems in doing so.
3. It can offer help for anxiety, depression, and insomnia all at the same time: By far one of the most notable benefits of taking Zanaprin is that you get help with anxiety and even depression at the same time. The reason is that these disorders and health problems go hand in hand, and therefore they work much in the same way. So though you may be turning to Zanaprin for a single issue specifically, you may also help to even out your hormones and your mental and emotional health problems too.
4. You will not suffer from some of the common side effects: Many who turn to these type of medications find that it can make them feel groggy after they wake up. They may sleep well, but then have a hard time focusing the next day. These other medications may even cause a person to feel depressed. You find just the opposite with Zanaprin, as you feel energized and renewed. You feel more balanced, and therefore you don’t suffer from any side effects that so many go through with other medications of this kind.
5. It is gentle, more natural, and yet very effective: Perhaps some of the best benefits of taking Zanaprin is that it is overall a more natural and gentle type of medication. Not only do you avoid common side effects, but it goes to work in an effective way helping you to feel great in the process. You know that it is working for you as you sleep better at night, and you feel better during the day. Yet it’s gentle as it is effective, and that makes for a perfect balance for a medication in this category.
Helping when a family member is depressed can save their life.
Depression is one of the worst mental ailments anyone can have. Patients suffering from this disease lose the will to live and withdraw socially. Not only is depression hard for the individual who is suffering from it, it can also be hard on his/her family. If you have a family member who is suffering from depression, it can be hard to deal with the symptoms.
However, there are certain things you can do to curb these symptoms. Even if these tips do not help cure depression, they can help in reducing the adverse effects of depression. Let’s look at what to do if a family member is depressed:
Identifying Depression Symptoms
- The first thing you need to do is identify the symptoms of depression. Do keep in mind that these symptoms are not the same for each person. Since they vary with each individual, you will need to be vigilant in spotting depression.
- Everyone feels depressed at some point, but being constantly depressed for no reason is a concern. If your family member is depressed, he/she may feel sad at all times. Do try to find out if there is a reason they are depressed. Stress and anxiety is often misinterpreted as depression.
- Restlessness and irritability is another symptom of depression.
- People who have a severe case of depression may even become suicidal. This is why you need to identify such symptoms fast and get your family member the help they need.
- Another sign of depression is substance abuse. If you find a family member suddenly consuming too much alcohol or drugs, they may be suffering from depression.
Confronting a Family Member with Depression
People who are suffering from depression often do not know about their condition. They seem to have general discontent with life. But once you identify the symptoms, it is up to you to confront them and guide them to get medical attention.
- The first step is explaining what you have noticed. You should start by talking to them about problems they may be having. If they are having problems, you can help them deal with it.
- Do try explaining to them that what they have is depression. They may not be ready to accept it, but you should tell them that it is a medical condition which can be cured through medication and therapy.
- The best thing you can do to help if a family member is depressed is to show them support. If they know you are by their side, they will be more willing to get treatment for their condition.
Depression is a growing concern nowadays. If you find a family member in such a condition, do try to help them out by using the guidelines mentioned above.
There is a connection between depression and weight gain that can be quite clear.
Interestingly, ample research suggests a close link between weight gain and depression. If this is news to you and you have never considered the fact that these two can be related, read on and discover the connection between depression and weight gain.
Disturbed Sleep Pattern
One of the main reasons for weight gain is a disrupted sleep pattern. Individuals suffering from depression tend to experience a significant disruption in their sleep patterns. This is why they are prone to gain substantial amounts of weight. This is one of the most common links between depression and weight gain. When sleep patterns are disturbed, the body’s ability to digest food is also disrupted. This is when fat tends to build up around the waist, hips, and thighs.
Another reason people tend to gain weight is because their metabolism is not functioning properly. This is one of the effects of depression. One of the worst aspects of depression is that it leaves a person feeling unmotivated to exercise. This is why it it becomes especially difficult for patients suffering from depression to lose weight.
Individuals who are depressed try to find comfort in other things. This is their attempt to keep themselves happy. In most cases, patients suffering from depression tend to eat sweets and fatty foods. Since such foods are tasty, people suffering from depression think that they will be able to cope better by eating them. Unfortunately, this only results in weight gain. During later stages of depression, this eating disorder develops into a habit. Depression patients become so used to the types of food that they eat, they cannot quit. Thus, severe depression and weight gain go hand in hand.
People who try to cope with depression usually end up seeking medical advice. Doctors prescribe antidepressants to such patients. The best part about these medicines is that they help patients cope with depression. Unfortunately, these medicines also have side effects. The most common side effect of depression medicines is weight gain. Medications are therefore one of the major reasons why patients suffering from depression experience weight gain.
There are many ways of coping with depression without using medicines. If those methods are followed down to the last detail, the weight-gain effects of depression can be countered. However, while taking medicines is not a preferred alternative due to its connection with weight gain, depression cannot be left untreated. Consult with your physician to find a solution that offers healthy balance.
When you smile at yourself in the mirror you release feel good chemicals in the brain that make you feel happy.
When you think about ways to make yourself happier, surely smiling at YOURSELF is not one of the first things that comes to mind. However, smiling at yourself can be one of the easiest and quickest ways to make yourself happy. The physical act of smiling releases endorphins into the brain. And smiling doesn’t necessarily just mean with your mouth, you can also smile with your eyes as well.
If you are someone who finds it hard to smile, you can force yourself to smile by holding a pen or pencil between your teeth. Holding a pen or pencil in your mouth for 60 seconds has been shown to positively affect your happiness levels. Also when practicing smiling at yourself in the mirror, start with your eyes. Focus on smiling with your eyes and not your mouth, feel the smile around your eyes. When you smile with your eyes first your mouth and the rest of your face will follow naturally. People who smile with their eyes tend to have a true and natural smile, not the silly looking forced smile. Then the next time you are taking pictures with family or friends all your practice will pay off.
Also, smiling at yourself in the mirror will help prepare you to smile at someone. After all, smile is the same in every language. Smiling is contagious, if you smile at someone who looks like they are having a bad day or seem a bit down, you very well could be brightening their day. Don’t forget to smile at yourself as well, you can make your own day brighter.
Every time you see yourself in the mirror, make sure to have a big smile. Make sure that every time you leave yourself in the mirror last thing you do smile at yourself. Leaving yourself with a positive image of yourself will help you be more happy and positive overall. If you believe it you will be it, showing yourself in the mirror that you are happy and smiling will more than likely make you become more happy. Seeing your own smile as part of your daily routine is going to help you have a healthy self image and make you feel more positive about yourself.
No matter where you are what you’re doing, make sure to give yourself a little smile every time you see yourself in the mirror. Let your smile be contagious, smile at others and they may follow. Smiling at yourself really does make you more happier, because of the endorphins that it releases. Don’t forget to smile with your eyes to help you learn to smile truly, with your whole face.
It can be difficult to eliminate emotional eating without help. Zanaprin can help stop over-eating caused by negative emotion.
Emotional eating is one of the number one ways we gain weight. Believe it or not, this is not just a female issue. Females are just more widely and publicly associated with that because they are more likely to seek help for the problem. This is a human issue that is not limited to sex, race, or any other label. Emotional eating is also seen as something you do when you are deeply upset or depressed. This is also a myth that needs busting. There are drugs that are very gentle without a lot of side effects that you can use to help the issue like Zanaprin. However, we need to help you understand what emotional eating is in order for you to identify whether you or someone you know is doing this.
Eating for a variety of emotions:
We all have a variety of emotions. When we engage in emotional eating it doesn’t mean we are upset or depressed. That picture of a person sitting in front of a TV with a pint of ice cream after a bad breakup is the poster child for emotional eating–and it is only the tip of the iceberg. Emotional eating is so much more than that. It can come when good things happen too. When we celebrate, we also have the urge to eat and it is usually something fun and fattening or sweet. When we are anticipating something good or bad we have the urge to eat. Although some people have the opposite effect but we will stick with the eating urge here.
When we are bored, this is also considered emotional eating and even when we reward ourselves with food after we get an ‘A’ on a test or a promotion at work–we want to eat then as well.
When to know it is a problem and what to do:
When emotional eating becomes an issue is when we are either in the midst of dieting and we come across one of the aforementioned situations and begin to eat. If this sabotages the diet then you are in deep trouble. Or, when you are not dieting but you are gaining weight because this is happening several times a week. Then you know you need a handle on it. You also need to identify a depression issue and if this is happening along with emotional eating then you need something that is not addictive to help you along. Drugs like Zanaprin can assist you with this and can be taken without too much worry about side effects and addictions.
Like many in today’s society, we suffer a bit too much compared to the rest of the world with some very much related conditions–depression and insomnia. There are prescriptions to treat both these conditions but many leave much to be desired. It is a very delicate experiment that could lead to much trial and error.
Zanaprin is a multitasking treatment. It has long been known for its relief of anxiety but it is also just as effective on depression and insomnia. It has two very attractive qualities and that is–it is gentle and effective. Most prescription antidepressants are riddled with side-effects. They are also largely addictive and the body decides it can’t sleep without an even stronger dose. What happens next is you hit a peak and you are back to square-one. Not to mention that you are apt to find some dangers in those side effects like disorientation, sleep walking to the point of driving and arriving somewhere without accountability as to how you got there–night terrors–hallucinations and more.
The beneficial difference between Zanaprin and other treatmentsMost anti-anxiety and anti-depressants will take a few courses to get into the bloodstream and start working on the hormones and chemicals in order to do the job. This is why with most prescriptions, you will be told not to just come off them–you have to be weaned off. This is because they remain in your system for a long time. With Zanaprin it takes only a few hours for most people to feel the difference as depression and insomnia symptoms vanish.
Why is Zanaprin helps all three disorders?
When you think about it–one disorder begets the other. Normally, it is not unlike a vicious circle. Anxiety begets sleeplessness–sleeplessness begets depression and so on until the person is left rather dysfunctional for the day. Zanaprin will also not give you a grogged up feeling upon awakening. Zanaprin will allow you to sleep better and think more clearly so you can enjoy life again without the chronic use of habitual drugs or harmful self-medicating habits.
What to do to assist Zanaprin in your system
Like all gentle systemic influencers you may fare better by making sure you are eating foods rich in calcium and zinc to carry the melatonin and serotonin inducing foods through the system. Make sure exercise such as walking in the fresh air is also done 20 minutes a day.